"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline." ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

March 11, 2011

COUNTING BLESSINGS BEFORE I SLEEP

"Praise the LORD, O my soul and forget not all his benefits - who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases...he does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities." Psalm 103:2-3, 10

Dear God,

I'm sorry I haven't been talking to you for a long time.  I'm sorry for breaking the promise, yet again, of how I would read the Bible every day and listen to what You want to tell me.  You have always been my rock and shoulder of support whenever I needed it; I always turn to you when I need help, but push you away when I think everything is going fine and I'm caught up in the midst of the materialistic world of clothes and food.  Thankyou for always being there.  Thankyou for treating me well, even if I don't deserve it.  I'm so thankful that you forgive us whenever we make mistakes.  Please help me to be like You.  Please help me to understand what Your will for me is, and guide me towards that path.  

Tonight I read the Bible again for the first time in a week.   And you know what God is telling me?  Esther, wake up and realise that God has given you so many good things in your life - why do you keep wishing you were different?  Why do you think your life is not rich and fulfilling?  Count your blessings, Esther.  Count them and open your eyes to what He wants you to see.  

No comments:

Post a Comment