"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline." ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

March 14, 2011

THE OTHER VALENTINES DAY


HAPPY WHITE DAY EVERYBODY!

White Day only exists (I think) in Japan and Korea, where males will give their female counterparts flowers, cake and chocolates.  It's different to Valentines Day because on V-Day (in Korea and Japan), girls give the presents to the guys.  I don't know why these two countries chose to be different from every other country in the world, but I think it's nice to have two 'love' days a year.  Gender equality and all that.

Yesterday I went to Samil Church for the first time, where one of the members gave out roses and chocolates to all the females in the congregation.  It was so sweet of him to think of all the girls, and it was funny because one of the girls thought someone else had bought the flowers and told the guy "Oh, so-and-so was so nice to buy flowers for us, what did you do?"  

To 'drown' my sorrows of not having a boyfriend, I went to Myeongdong tonight to do some shopping.  Okay, okay, that's a half - lie.  I have no sorrows about being single at all, but I did go shopping at Myeongdong.  It wasn't packed with couples as I expected, although I saw lots of business men carrying around flowers and a cake box probably rushing to get to their date/home and give them to his one and only love.  


2 comments:

  1. aww... I was just reading parfait tic earlier and it's about white day... so coincidence :D nothing much :D I just realize. I'm ur first follower :D... i'm so happy! love ur blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yes you are :) thankyou for liking my blog!

    ReplyDelete