"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline." ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

April 14, 2011

WHERE ARE YOU?

"You've kept track of my every toss and turn through the sleepless nights, each tear entered in your ledger, each ache written in your book." ~ Psalm 56:8

The Bible talks about how before we were even born, God knew everything about us already.  What we looked like, what we will look like later on, what our personalities are, why we'll think a certain way and most importantly: what our struggles will be.  It definitely is a comfort to me knowing that God knows about what I'm going through, but something which has always bothered me is that although He may know what we're going through, He's not here to hold my hand and teach me how to get through it.  He's not here so I can ask Him what to do and actually get a physical answer back.

I've recently realised that I've always only told God about everything and things have always worked out, but a lot of situations and questions have been popping up recently and it's a little overwhelming.  They're not big issues but they are problems which I would like to go away as soon as possible, or at least understand why they're here and why I can't seem to solve them.

And you know what's ironic?  As I'm typing this out in a coffee shop near the university, the background music is Michael Jackson's "You are not alone".  Thanks God :)

No comments:

Post a Comment