"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline." ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

June 16, 2011

THE END IS NIGH


The end of my stay in Korea is sadly looming up ahead, but that's not for another few weeks so I refuse to think about it.  But how can I?  This morning I said goodbye to my Finnish friend, who lived opposite me in the dormitory, as she left for the airport to go back home.  In the next few days, most of the international students will be packing their bags (they're already started) and we will be saying goodbye for maybe forever.  It's not being dramatic, unfortunately.  The truth is that a reunion will be pretty much near impossible unless someone makes it big and hires a private plane to jet around the world and pick us all up.  I was telling my friend last night how he was lucky, because there were three other students from his university which came to Korea with him.  They didn't know each other before, but now they do, and it's easier for them to catch up.  Australia is on the other side of the world compared to everyone else.

Oh well.  Another end is night, and that's the end of exams!!! I have one exam left on Monday evening, and then I will be officially done with the semester and free to do whatever I please without any guilty feeling for not studying instead.  This time round I haven't been so prepared for the exams, so I don't feel as good as I did for my midterms after I finish the paper.  But over time I've learnt that it's no use worrying about what I should have put in, or what I did wrong - if I've learned something from it then it's all good.

P.S.  Sorry for not writing anything for so long.  I have literally been in the library and in my room studying (or trying to) or at church for most of the time.  Oh, and downloading stuff as well.....so looking forward to holidays!!

2 comments:

  1. ohmo,it's must've been hard to say goodbye...

    ReplyDelete
  2. mm, it was. it's so strange to say goodbye to someone who you know will never see again. but luckily there's facebook XDD hehehe

    ReplyDelete