"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline." ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

December 21, 2010

GOODBYE ADELAIDE

Humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time. —1 Peter 5:6
fd
I finally read the Bible again last night, on the eve of our Cambodia mission trip.  It was kind of strange. The whole night I had been worrying and freaking out that I had forgotten something, or that everything would go wrong and that my dad would blow up due to the amount of stress he's under.  When I opened up my devotional email (I get it emailed to me.  Save the trees), the first two words I saw were Significant Surrender.  It was almost like a slap in the face, but in a nice way.  It was only then I remembered that I had forgotten to give up this mission to God.  Instead, I was just trying to get through it by myself.  I know I haven't been reading the Bible lately, and I guess this was the wake-up call I needed.  
fd
As we set out on our mission trip, I think it's really important for me to keep lifting this mission to Him.  I also have to remember that we are doing His work, not our own.  Gratitude, recognition and praise should all go to him.  For someone who likes to take credit for her work and for recognition of efforts, I think this will be really hard for me to do.  All I can do is remember to keep reading the Bible, otherwise I'll go off again.  I really don't want to live that kind of life anymore.  

No comments:

Post a Comment