"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline." ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

December 19, 2010

TWO DAYS LEFT

Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings. ~ 1 Peter 5:8-9
fdsa
Time has flown by so quickly ever since the university semester finished.  There are only two days left until I go on a mission trip with my church to Pnhom Penh in Cambodia.  I remember thinking that it was going to ages until this time arrived, but now it has.   And I'm not sure I'm particularly ready for it, both physically and spiritually.  
fdsa
When we had our first meeting as a team, our team leader (who is also known to me as Dad) asked us to keep a devotional journal.  We were supposed to write down what we learnt from our personal devotions, which we try to do daily.  It took me a while to get started on that journal because I hadn't really been doing those daily devotions.  Once I started, I realised that reading the Bible really did make a difference in my life.  An obvious thing which I noticed was that I became a lot happier.  I had stopped reading the Bible for quite some time already, and during that time I found myself really depressed and negative about myself.  I told my mum about it one day, and she asked me to read the Bible.  It was actually really amazing, because I remember reading the passage from that day's daily devotion and I completely related to it.   
fdsa
"I really understand this passage.  Ever since I’ve started reading the Bible again, it feels like God’s telling me all these things which are the reasons for why I’ve been so depressed.  Today’s passage really hit home with me.  I have become so self-obsessed and so isolated from the world that I failed to understand why people avoid me.  God wants us to be like Jesus; to associate with everyone and to be friends with anyone.  No one doesn’t deserve God’s love. " ~ October 14, 2010
fdsa
That was what I wrote after reading the Bible again.  It was such a good feeling.  Unfortunately, the reason why I'm writing this post is because I have again fallen into the trap of not doing my devotionals.  And even worse is that we're leaving for the mission trip in two days time.  I haven't done my devotionals for almost a month again.  Somehow I've felt that because I'm not unhappy anymore, I don't need God.  Even though I know I'm doing something wrong, I don't have the motivation to correct my mistake.  I think about it now, and I realise Satan has won me over.  It makes me feel so silly to think that I fell for Satan's trap.  As a leader of CIA (our youth group) and as a Sunday School teacher, how could I have not done what I taught my students and my dongsaengs?
fdsa
I can't say I'm glad that I know I'm wrong now, because I know I've been wrong for a while.  I am glad, however, that I now realise it was Satan trying to make me unprepared for this mission trip.  I'm not trying to shift the blame though.  I readily admit that I am not as strong of a Christian as some people might think I am and therefore easily tempted.   I do pray that I am able to become a stronger Christian after this mission trip.  I know that the mission trip alone won't make me stronger; rather, it will be my responsibility to pursue God's Word and live it in my life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment