"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline." ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

May 12, 2011

HOME

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." Psalm 51:10


Well hello, personal devotions.  Long time no see.  I'll keep it short.

I'm a big believer in the saying "Home is where the heart is".  You can have birthplaces, places you have great memories in, the place where you grew up, but 'home' as a definition can mean so many different things.  In the message given in today's personal devotion, it mentions a child of God is always welcomed home.  In this context, home for me would be church.   I've always subconsciously known that church is a place which makes me happy, despite all the drama which goes on sometimes, but I think this clarifies why I feel safe there.  When I first went to Samil Church, it didn't feel like a foreign church, or an English-speaking Korean church, but it felt like home.  I remember when that Sunday I wasn't really feeling that happy, but as soon as I stepped inside the building I could feel so much love going around.  That probably sounds so sappy and cringe-worthy and all that stuff which makes me shudder, but at that moment in time I felt so thankful that I was part of God's family.  Knowing that He will always be there for me, knowing that He will always have his arms wide open despite me failing all these times....it's something which can't be described.

No comments:

Post a Comment