"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline." ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

January 20, 2011

36 DAYS LEFT

Plane ticket? Check.  Arrival information sent to university? Check. Visa application sent? Check.  Now all I'm waiting (and hoping) for is that my visa will be approved so I can actually step onto Korean soil, or cement or whatever.  Oh, and I need to check if I have health insurance or not.  Hmm....how do I go about that? I keep reading through the Check List which my university gave me beforehand and ticking things off which I've done.  I'm generally not the type of person to care about such administrative details because my parents have always taken care of them.  It's very different this time.  I am by myself in a country I've never been to before, can't fluently speak the language (although the fluency of my Chinese can be debated also) and have never even entered their airport before so I'll have no idea where I'm going.  Other times when I've travelled sans parents have been to places which is I am semi-familiar with i.e. Thailand and Queensland.

I counted this morning and there are thirty six days until I leave.  Does it sound like a lot? 5 weeks and a bit.  I've been planning to write down a list of places I want to go to and things I want to do before I leave but keep forgetting.  So far on my list is:

1. Eat ice-cream at Glenelg
2. Visit Hahndorf for a day
3. Buy something which represents Australia and take it with me to show off my Australian pride (half-kidding. Not sure)

Yes, that's it so far.  Will probably be adding to it later on once I think about it more seriously.  The list is probably more of what I want to do 'during this holidays' rather than 'before I leave', since it's not like I'm never coming back and can't do these things again.

3 comments:

  1. hey girl! found you! hahaha.
    I know what you mean about not feeling at home. Because, I haven't been able to settle down since I got back! :D
    And you should do a bit more than that! you should stop by everywhere before you leave Adelaide! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Esther! Didn't know you kept a blog on blogspot too! =) I'm excited for your trip to Korea!! I hear it's still pretty cold..so be prepared (and I'm sure you'll shop there too!!) I'd love to hear (or rather, read) about your experience with Seoul. =) Got your visa yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. jamie - no I haven't ! I sent it to the embassy already but they haven't sent it back yet. I love cold weather! Definitely ready to leave the heat in Adelaide haha

    ReplyDelete