"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline." ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

January 04, 2011

CONCLUSIONS OF MISSION TRIP

Our mission trip work in Phnom Penh is over now.  It's been almost two weeks exactly since I've been able to have access to the internet, and it's definitely been a strange two weeks.  I'll expand a bit more about Cambodia in later posts, but here are some points which sum up my thoughts about the mission trip.

1. It was very different to my first two mission trips in Thailand, and I think I was disappointed that it wasn't the same.  That in turn affected my overall attitude.

2. I wish we were able to spend more time with the university students.  It would have been nice to be able to build a deeper relationship with them and talk to them more.

3. I'm glad we were able to build relationships with the children after seeing them almost everyday.  We all had our own favourites and agreed on the general not-so-favourites.

4. My personal relationship with God? A strange and interesting development, and perhaps not the way I expected it to turn out. 

I'll definitely post some pictures and more detailed blog posts about Cambodia later on! I just need to get the pictures from everyone else. 

Now our team is resting in a very nice hotel in Siem Reap.  We had been looking forward to this hotel the whole trip, and were anticipating what it would look like during our bus trip here.  We saw lots and lots of big, beautiful hotels and were all like "Wow! That's so pretty!"  We had just pointed to one gold hotel and exclaimed that it was so big, and then our car turned the opposite direction into a smaller, wooden-looking hotel.  It was quite funny.  In a way, it's slightly ironic and meaningful.  I guess it teaches us that big is not always better, because our hotel is extremely comfortable and lovely.  There's a pool, buffet breakfast, free internet and air-conditioning.  Those four items alone made all of us smile and laugh with happiness. 

I finally recieved my offer of acceptance from CAU after checking my email today.  I can't wait to go home and start preparing and packing.  In less than two months, I will be in Korea and living a life which I have been dreaming about for quite some time.  I have heard that there has been an outbreak of bird flu and foot-and-mouth disease in Seoul, and it's quite scary.  I can only pray that God will look after me!

No comments:

Post a Comment