"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline." ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

January 30, 2011

26 DAYS LEFT

Korean visa? CHECK! The last piece of my Korean exchange puzzle has fallen into place.  I am finally all ready to board that plane on the 25th of February and land in the delightful land of Seoul.  I'll be honest, I was really worried about my visa.  I've never done anything like that before, and I was so scared that they would reject it for some reason (....like, maybe I looked fat in my photo and they went "ew..not sending her to the land of thin and beautiful") but I prayed really hard and God answered!

It's kind of scary knowing that there's only three weeks left until I leave.  I'm not even sure if I'm ready to start packing yet, let alone leaving.  I've been checking the Korean online shopping sites to see what the weather is like and what I need to take over there.  Although, I'm thinking maybe I should pack lightly and just buy whatever I need when I get there.  I mean, it saves my luggage space which means I can take back more with me when I come home, right?  Yes of course.  No, it's not just an excuse to go shopping.  I am saving ...something.  I don't know yet.

I've done my initial course registration for university already, but their final course registration isn't until March 2nd, which confuses me a little bit because I thought classes started on March 2nd.  I guess we'll have to see how it goes.  I'm actually reeeeally excited to see their university.  I like looking at school buildings.  There's something really prestigious and classic about them, especially the old brick buildings.  Modern buildings are nice too, but I've always loved the English-style buildings.  It gives off a really historic touch.  I can't wait to see their library as well. I hope they have English books....

2 comments:

  1. OH HEY ESTHER! YOU HAVE A BLOG.

    Exciting news - you're going to Korea soon! How long is your exchange? I'll bet, you could probably just stay and live there! XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH HEY KYLIE :)

    You read my mind; if I only could. It goes for a semester, but I'm staying a bit longer afterwards for holidaying!! X)

    ReplyDelete