"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline." ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

January 09, 2011

HELLO DRUGS

One of the things about going to a doctor in Hong Kong is that they will give you all sorts of coloured medicine. Right now I have pink, white, blue, orange, yellow, green, light pink, light orange and light blue. What's silly is that almost half of the medicine that they give you isn't necessary - it's like they just want to give you lots and lots of medicine to say that they're doing their job.  My mum and I have had the misfortune of falling ill in Hong Kong, and together we have eleven packs of medicine to take, plus a bottle of syrup. I guess the fact that they're different colours gives it a bit more of a novelty factor.  Staring at eleven packs of white tablets would probably make me feel even more sick.


I don't think I've ever taken so many tablets at once in my life.  Now I know what my grandma feels like everyday.  She has to take a lot of medicine as well - she even has one of those days-of-the-week medicine compartment things to store her multiple pills.  Luckily we only have to take my medicine for a few days and then it'll be over.

A good thing about being sick in Hong Kong, though, is that even the 'clear' and light foods taste good.  My mum went downstairs this morning, after her doctors appointment, and bought some congee and rice pastry.  It was so yummy :)



No comments:

Post a Comment