"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline." ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

January 25, 2011

NO MORE PAIN

"And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” - Revelation 21:3-4

Death is something a lot of people are worried or concerned about.  I think it's because they don't know what it's like.  People who have had near death experiences describe it different ways.  Some people describe it as a painful struggle, others have told stories where they see the light at the end of the tunnel while others say they see their whole life flash by and realise how much wrong they have done.  Like I said before, I have never feared death and will never fear it.  I do get scared about how I die though.  Obviously it would be nice to just pass away in my sleep, or if it's not a natural death then I would prefer it to be instant e.g. bullet through my brain or getting hit by a bus and instantly dying.  (I know, how morbid and weird of me to describe my ideal dying circumstances.)

But I, like any other, am afraid of pain.  I am scared that when I die, it will be slow and painful.  Which is why I really like today's verse.  Either when Jesus comes back for the second time or when I die - whichever one comes first - pain and suffering for me will cease.  I will be able to go to a place where it's beautiful and perfect and completely pain free.  And that is what I really really want for my friends and family and everyone in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment