"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline." ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

January 08, 2011

BACK IN HONG KONG

I am back in Hong Kong! It hasn't been the most smoothest journey back, with late luggage, cold weather and me getting sick....again.  For some unknown reason my body has really failed me this trip, in both Cambodia and Hong Kong.  I think I've been sick for at least 75% of my overseas trip so far, and that really makes me frustrated.  In Cambodia I was sick for a whole week, and it happened to be the week where we did most of our children programs and teaching.  I stayed in my room for the whole day on various occasions, which got to be kind of boring because all I did was sleep and not eat.  It was kind of sad listening to the noises of children outside and knowing I couldn't go out.  It was even worse on Sundays because they used the big room upstairs to teach the children, where the toilets were.  Fun times.  I guess a positive thing about being sick is that I lost weight? Which I put straight back on after I got better in Siem Reap and where we had buffet dinner every night.  So no plus there, really. 

Our flight back from Phnom Penh was good - business class seats for economy class price! The seats were so luxurious and wide, so I was able to sleep pretty well and the food was nice too.  When we arrived at the airport, we told Lawrence to race towards the customs desk because he was the only one without a residents card, which meant he would have to wait in line for a passort check.  It was funny, because he ended up getting out to luggage collection faster than we did.  Luggage collection took so long.  We started waiting at 10:20 pm and didn't get it all back until 11:30 pm.  Luckily the bus was right there outside, so me and mum quickly ran and then it took off towards home.  Unfortunately, my body caved and I was sick for most of the night.  My poor mother - she had to hold my hair back while I tried to throw up into the toilet, and now she has a cold and is sleeping right next to me. :(  I hope she's okay.

I'm all better now, luckily, because this week will probably be pretty hectic.  I think I need to write down a plan of what I'm going to do, who I'm going to see and when, and what I need/want to buy.  Before we left for Phnom Penh from Hong Kong two weeks ago, my mum took me to this supermarket called "Fusion".  It was so pretty!  I am a big fan of ordered, nice-looking supermarkets.  I only had my iTouch with me, so the photo quality isn't wonderful, but here are some photos.  I know, I'm weird for taking photos in a supermarket.  But it's FOOD! And it's prettyyyy :)







I like her pants.  HK ahjummas ^^

packaged fruit - a Hong Kong specialty

No comments:

Post a Comment