"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline." ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

January 24, 2011

BLACK SWAN & OTHER RANDOM THINGS WHICH COME TO MIND

I watched Black Swan today.  It was amazing.  I now understand why Natalie Portman won her Golden Globe and really hopes she wins the Oscar as well.  She was incredible as Nina, the mentally tormented ballerina who only wants to be perfect as the new Swan Queen.  I've always liked Natalie Portman as an actress.  She seems to be someone who is dedicated to becoming an actress, and not a celebrity, which is sadly becoming more and more common these days.  I admire people who treat acting with respect and dignity, rather than people dabbling in a role because they 'felt like something new' or because their old career isn't flourishing and needs some spice.  Anyway, the movie itself was quite chilling.  When I walked out of the theatre at the end of the movie, I was stunned and my mind was completely blank.  I must admit that I'm not a fan of scary, thriller or horror movies, so this one was pushing it already.  Having said that, I'm glad I watched it.  The little bits of humour threaded throughout the movie were definitely appreciated, and I think Mila Kunis did quite a good job as the supporting actress, even though I thought she had a bigger role.

Onto the other random things, which is pretty much what I like in music at the moment.  Last night I listened to One Way's Rainy Days full album and almost fell completely in love with it.  The only complaint that I have is that they swear in their songs.  I have never understood WHY people feel the need to use that kind of language in their songs.  I think it's because I'm a Christian, so I'm particularly sensitive to these issues, but I don't find it 'cool' or 'gangsta'-ish at all.  It just sounds really uneducated and rude.  Anyway, besides that, I like their music.  It's relaxing to listen to and very different to the typical K-pop I normally listen to.  I'm also liking G.NA's Black and White album.  It's pop-py, which I am not ashamed to admit to liking, and it's upbeat.

Oh, and I cut my hair today.  It's short now.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment