"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline." ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

January 17, 2011

NOSTALGIA

There's something about Adelaide which is making me feel funny.  I am home, but why does it not feel like home? Hong Kong felt a lot more like home than Adelaide does.  Maybe I like living in confined spaces, and so now that I'm back in a 'house', it's a little too open and ....big.  Does this stem from the fact that I'm a private person and therefore I feel more comfortable in a smaller space?  Is there any scientific evidence to back that up?  Hmm, I don't know.

Maybe I'm just missing Hong Kong and the lifestyle which comes with it.  Even though it was compulsory to be up by 9 am (courtesy of my grandpa), the whole day still seemed to pass by a lot quicker than it does in Adelaide, despite waking up later.  There's just so much more to DO in Hong Kong - so much more to eat, shop, see, discover etc.  Speaking of which, I will now show you some of the delicious food which I ate! This was lunch with one of my parent's old friends.  We ate at this exclusive club where only members can pay, which means you have to be invited into the club by a member if you want to eat there. The inside design was really nice,  but I didn't feel comfortable taking a photo of it since there were a lot of business people there.

Lunch at The Bloomsbury Room
my buffet appetiser - eel sushi, seared tuna w/ mango, pumpkin & mushroom salad, chicken salad
mum's buffet appetiser - salmon & tuna sashimi, seared tuna w/ mango, some kind of jelly, chicken salad
main course - seafood rousset with saffron rice
my buffet dessert - trifle, lemon meringue, cheesecake w/ passionfruit dressing
mum's buffet dessert - sponge cake, cheesecake w/ passionfruit dressing, blueberry cup
Oh, and the toilets looked pretty as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment