"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline." ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

February 01, 2011

I AM COOL LIKE THIS

So the number hasn't changed, but I FEEL like I've put on weight ever since I came back from Hong Kong.  It's such an inevitable thing when you live in Australia.  I remember most of my friends from high school saying they would always put on weight when they came back for school (they were international students), and I also remember envying them because they could go home and lose the weight.  Whereas I live here so I just keep gaining and never losing.   Maybe my metabolism is still working really fast because of all that exercise I did last year, and later on it will slow down.  Nooo.... Hopefully the heat will have some effect.

Which brings me to another complaint I have.  I know we haven't had a heatwave like previous years, so that's something to be really thankful for, but I dislike hot weather so much.  Yesterday the temperature reached almost 43 degrees Celsius and during that time I was running around the city trying to find my bus stop.  It was such a horrible experience, but one I am sure will repeat itself many, many times in the future.  Especially near future.  I get lost in Adelaide, the smallest city ever - how am I going to survive in Seoul!!??

Okay, enough complaining.  I got a phone call from the Cancer Council today and they told me they had openings for volunteer work! For three days a week! This is extremely good news because now I have something to do for the next few weeks before I leave.  Three days a week plus Saturday and Sunday means only having two days free for miscellaneous catching ups and gatherings, which is fine by me.  I know people complain about having work all the time but I am quite the opposite.  Having something to do is actually exciting for me, isn't that sad? I make myself sound like such an introvert (I am..) but it's mainly because I don't take the initiative to do anything, so I stay at home.  I am cool like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment