"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline." ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

February 16, 2011

ANOTHER STEP TAKEN

My exchange university sent me my buddy information today (finally...!) and now I'm super super excited!!  I kind of fretted over the buddy thing because I thought the information would be sent earlier, but then I saw the list of how many exchange students there would be and realised it's a huge job and it was pretty selfish of me to want things to happen faster.  I hate it when people rush me, so yeah.  No hard feelings to the exchange team at CAU! :)

What's kind of unsettling me now is that I think about the fact that I will actually, really, literally, irreversibly leaving next Friday afternoon and it makes me a little bit scared.  It doesn't actually feel like I'm leaving.  I don't even have the luggage bag suitcase in my room yet so it doesn't feel real.  Maybe once I start putting things into the suitcase I will have a feeling of "wow...I'm not going to be here for five months."

Speaking about packing....so packing in itself is not hard - in fact I've always had a very positive attitude towards packing.  I love packing for holidays.  I don't know why but I think it's exciting when I need to decide which pieces of clothing will be my wardrobe for the next few days or weeks, however long the holiday is.  It's even more exciting when the place I'm going to has no shopping facilities which means whatever I bring is what I'm stuck with - so I have to make a good choice.  That's the thrill of packing for me.

To be honest, I'm kind of not in the mood to pack at the moment.  I've written a list of what to bring, but my wardrobe is kind of messy at the moment so I don't particularly want to sift through it all.  Since I'm going at the end of winter until their mid-summer, I have a feeling I'm going to need to pack for all four seasons.  My mum advised me to just pack a few things for each season and continuously wear the same clothes over five months.  Umm...if I was a guy, yeah...maybe.  Too bad I'm not, which means I will want to wear something different almost everyday.  Or at least have enough options for different combinations to last me a few months.  I envy people who can wear the same pieces of clothing and make it look new because they're creative enough to make it work but the truth is, I'm not one of them.

There's also going to be a wedding, house-warming party, farewell lunch and wedding dinner to go to as well this weekend and I'm still trying to figure out my head around those.  Packing, although it should be, is not really high on the list.  And I don't know....maybe I've been using the word 'pack' too much, but now it sounds really weird to me. Pack...pack...packing....quack quack quacking...

P.S. sorry about lack of pictures. I'm not a huge fan of just text posts either, but I fully intend to take lots of pictures in Seoul so do not fear!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! The world is too small. And you have no idea how envious I am of you that you're going to Korea for exchange! I was just there not too long ago, and I'm pretty sure you'll have heaps of fun. I love the place! Take care!

    PS. Spring is coming... so I don't think you'll need a lot of winter wear (:
    Happy Chinese New Year to you too. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete