"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline." ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

February 10, 2011

LAZY UPDATE #1


I admit.  I am a pretty lazy person. So when I've been too busy or too lazy to update a whole weeks worth of stuff, you will get a Lazy Update.

1.  Last Thursday (and Monday&Tuesday) - started my volunteer work at the Cancer Council! I'm doing some data entry for them because it seems like they've really fallen behind on their data updating.  The work itself isn't terribly exciting, but I've come across some pretty interesting last names (read: interesting = funny and one which I would not want to have).  It's also interesting to see what real office work is like.  It's exactly like the movies - gossip, work, lunch, work and gossip.


2.  Last Friday - my youth group celebrated Chinese New Year by having an Amazing Race activity where groups had to 'travel' around China.  It was so much fun.  We had seven different tasks - memorize a 10 second tai-chi sequence (it was originally 1 minute, but they took so long), use calligraphy to write out a four-word Chinese phrase, make dumplings, construct the Birds Nest out of straws, drink three cups of a mystery black liquid, do a lion dance and put the Chinese zodiac animals into order.  For the mystery black liquid activity, they had five bottles of similar coloured liquid in front of them.  They didn't know what was in each bottle and had to choose one bottle to drink from.  We had soy sauce, black vinegar, Coke, bitter tea and Lipton ice tea.  Some were diluted - soy sauce and vinegar - because it would have been reeeally awful to drink it straight.



3.  Last Sunday - our uni group celebrated CNY with a big dinner.  We each brought a dish to share.  It was funny how none of us remembered to bring rice, so one of the boys had to call home and ask his mum to cook some for us.  It was a pretty fun evening, and I went home feeling so full.

4.  This week so far - I've been tired from data entry.  Is that even possible?  Well, it seems so.  Staring at a computer screen all day drains my energy so when I come home all I want to do is sleep.  If this is what office life is going to be like, then I so do not want an office job.  I've gained weight from eating so much over the past week and not exercising.  I haven't been to the gym in weeks.  I really want to go but just can't find enough motivation to go.

P.S. I was going to save Lazy Updates for when I'm in Seoul (TWO WEEKS...*cough*) but yes...didn't really work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment