"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline." ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

February 01, 2011

MY HEART BELONGS TO YOU

This is what the LORD says: “Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who draws strength from mere flesh and whose heart turns away from the LORD...Like a partridge that hatches eggs it did not lay are those who gain riches by unjust means. When their lives are half gone, their riches will desert them, and in the end they will prove to be fools. - Jeremiah 17:5,11

I started this blog as a way to encourage myself to keep up with my personal devotions.  I have, yet again, failed.  I guess you could say it wasn't as bad as last time when I stopped doing them for almost three months, but it is still a failure.  The reason for why I failed this time was because I a) lazy and b) didn't feel like I needed Him at the moment.  I just finished Big Week Out, which was a step in the right direction, and then I slide back down again.

When I read this verse this evening, the sentence "who draws strength from mere flesh and whose heart turns away from the Lord" really stood out to me.  I know that I can rely on God for everything, but I'm scared that it's just head knowledge for me.  Is my heart really with God?  Do I truly believe that He will take care of me?  I ask these questions in my mind, but straight away I know that the answer is yes.  It's just that doubt gnaws away at me sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment