"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline." ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

February 26, 2011

WAITING

Right now I'm waiting in Changi Airport for my connecting flight to Seoul.  The airport is so much nicer than Adelaide's - it even has TREES growing in the middle of its food court.  It's kind of big though, but I haven't gotten lost yet.  There are signs everywhere so it's kind of hard to get lost anyway.  

Travelling by myself has been kind of strange.  I've done it before, but I still get really nervous each time I do it.  I get scared that I've somehow managed to put a potential bomb in my luggage and will be arrested, or that something happens on the plane and all the passengers will end up like the poor people on Lost, who don't get rescued until however many seasons later or end up dying because of the hidden creature or whatever is hiding on the island.  


So far it's been an interesting ride.  I've gone through a security breach at Adelaide airport, massive turbulence during the flight to Singapore, thinking that I had left my camera in Adelaide but then finding it again, getting rejected at the security screening at my gate for Seoul because I was three hours too early and walking all over the airport trying to find a place with an international adapter because all the other ones are for Singapore adapters only.  But honestly, I realise now that God's been with me the whole time.  I'm still healthy, still safe, still non-bombed and still waiting for my flight.  

No comments:

Post a Comment