"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline." ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

February 24, 2011

WEDNESDAY

Wednesday and Thursday were my 'farewell Adelaide friends and family' days.  I reserved today, the day before I left, for my family - just because we don't really do much together in general since we're all so busy with our own work, study, relationships and other random things.

Yesterday, two of my high school friends so nicely organised a farewell brunch for me at a restaurant called The Store.  Unfortunately, it was closed so we decided (well, I decided because they told me to) to eat at the The Lion which was just across the street.  It was really good seeing my little group again.  These girls were my, I suppose, 'clique' during high school.  Most of us did the IB (International Baccalaureate) program so we had three or four classes with each other every day, which meant we became really close.  Three years later, we're still good friends.


I had a dinner with my church friends at night time so I went to my favourite bookshop in the city and sat there reading for five hours.  The farewell dinner was at a little place called Pancake Kitchen, where it's pretty much pancakes for all meals.  We stayed there eating and talking for a few hours, and then decided to walk to the Torrens River nearby to continue our gathering.  It was so much fun.  We took a lot of photos using my friend's 'pro' camera (which I really want to get!!) and I took a few of my own.


After a while we were bored so we played the 'magnet' game.  It's one of our youth group's specialty games and I loved it.  Even though it was kind of hot that night, I don't think anyone really noticed because they were having too much fun.  During the night, a few of the boys kept telling me that I had to had to had to play Starcraft in Korea, otherwise no one would be my friend and I'd end up a loner.  These same boys told me that I had better come back knowing how to make kimchi and other Korean dishes otherwise they were going to kick me back to Korea and make me stay there until I learn how to do it - myself paying the airfare, of course.


That was what happened yesterday.  If I get time, I'll write about what happened today (Thursday) tomorrow when I'm waiting at the airport.  14 more hours from now and I'll be on route to Singapore!

No comments:

Post a Comment