"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline." ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

February 21, 2011

LAZY UPDATE #2


Ready for another congested update of what's happened in my second-to-last week in Adelaide? Well, if you're not...I don't really know what to say to you.  I'll just keep doing my thing and you can do yours, okay?

1.  So I know who my buddy is now (I even have her facebook! How exciting!), but since last Thursday I haven't really contacted afterwards.  I honestly can't wait to meet her.  I like meeting new people.  Sometimes I find them easier to talk to than the people I've known for a long, long time.  Is that strange? I know it's much more comfortable with old-time friends but it's easier to keep a conversation going with people I don't know so well.

2.  The past weekend has been pretty busy for me.  On Saturday I attended the wedding of one of my family friend's son, who I've known for my whole life but never really talked to much because he was 11 years older than me.  It was a very pretty wedding, of which I unfortunately did not take any photos.  I took a photo of my outfit, just because I thought it reflected my personality and style pretty well at this current stage.


3.  I also went to a house-warming on Saturday night.  The people who attended were mostly high school friends who I haven't seen ever since high school finished (three years ago), which may not seem like a long time but it was certainly good to catch up with them.  I actually have quite interesting story about Saturday night.  You see, one of my friends lives in the city, and I was driving her and another friend back to town.  My sister was also in town that night attending a 21st, so after I took my friend home, I picked my sister up to take her and the other friend home.  We were driving along the road and came up to a traffic crossing, but the light was green so I didn't slow down at all.  There were cars parked on the left side of the road so I couldn't see anybody on the street waiting to cross.  When my car was about two seconds away from the pedestrian crossing, a whole group of people appear and start running across the road.  I had to literally slam on the brakes in order to avoid crashing into them.  This has never happened to me before so I was in total shock.  Luckily there was a police car nearby and they beeped their horn to call over the group of criminals (well, they are).  I have never been so nervous and scared while driving before, and even after passing them I was still kind of trembling.  Moral of the story: never speed, boys and girls, never speed.

4.  On Sunday I had a farewell lunch with my uni group from church.  After the lunch, we stayed in Rundle Mall and looked around.  I bought chocolates from Haighs as gifts for my buddy and room mate, although my mum told me that I bought too little, so I think I'll have to buy more.  When we were walking around, we saw this huge wine bottle made out of cork.  I initially thought it was actually completely made of wine corks, but then I saw the wire behind it and was very disappointed.


5.  Sunday night was the wedding reception dinner no. 2.  It was mainly for the couple's grandfather's friends, also the groom's acquaintances.  It was at a Chinese restaurant with lots of Chinese and Malaysian people, so it was pretty loud and Chinese-y.  Again, no photos because there wasn't much to take photos of.  There will be professional photos later on, but I have no idea when they come out.


6. Tonight I watched The King's Speech with my friend.  It was excellent.  I've never found a movie with Colin Firth in it which I didn't enjoy, mainly due to my love of British comedy and Colin Firth's impeccable timing and humour.  My Australian pride was also satisfied with Geoffrey Rush's great performance as well.  I'm really happy that I've liked the two movies which have been dominating in all the award ceremonies because sometimes the voters really have obscure choices in choosing their favourite movie.  But I'm glad that The King's Speech is up there, because I wouldn't mind watching it again.  It was incredibly funny at times (there was this scene where I could not stop laughing) but also really poignant and touching at other times.

2 comments:

  1. hey ! i was merely reading noonablog when through her comments , found this site and couldn't help wonder : how in the world did you manage to sign up for the korean exchange program ?! im a crazy kpop fan as well ( i believe half the asian world is ) . would appreaciate to knoww (:

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. my university has an exchange program with Chung Ang University, so I applied through there. you should see if your school has any connections with korea as well! There are a lot of Korean universities which offer summer programs (in june and july) to students from anywhere around the world. good luck!! :)

    ReplyDelete